Boiler XML Validation Tool Instructions
(Follow on-screen instructions. A minimal convenience fee is applied based on method of payment. You may cancel prior to payment authorization.)
XML Validation Tool for Electronic Inspection Report Submission
- Follow these instructions to save and rename the following files to be used for data submission.
- Save the following files to your hard drive by right-clicking on the file name and save to a folder
- E-mail for electronic submission of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspections
- Enter EI Submission File in the subject line of your email
The <SchemaValidator.exe> file is an application that can be used to validate or test an XML file before submittal. Note that the file extension is sent as <.ex_> in order to pass through firewall filters. That needs to be changed to <.exe> before running the program. Instructions for use:
- Save <SchemaValidator.txt> and <MOInspection‐02‐22‐2011.xsd> to the hard drive and in the same folder. Change the name extension from <.exe> to <.exe>
- From Windows "Start" menu select "run". Type "cmd". Select "OK"
- At the "command prompt" type
<cd> <space>< the full path and name of the folder containing the validator tool < SchemaValidator.exe>>
C:\> cd C:\MyDocuments\Boilers\Our_Data_To_Upload
- Press Enter, to get
- At this command prompt type in this order
<name of the Schema Validator>
<name of the sample XML file to validate>
<name of the Schema XSD file to validate the file against>
(Note that all of the files need to be in the same folder.)
C:\MyDocuments\Boilers\Our_Data_To_Upload>SchemaValidator.exe SampleFile.xml MOInspection‐02‐22‐2011.xsd
- Press Enter to get results. The results will be either indicating success, or a detailed description of the failure points.