Online Fire Department Registration Process Instructions
- Start out by going to the Division of Fire Safety website at http://dfs.dps.mo.gov/. Right on the front page under Popular Forms, choose Fire Department Registration.
- The agency’s FDID is needed to start the process. FDIDs can be found at http://dfs.dps.mo.gov/programs/resources/mo-fire-depts.php on any of the 3 fire department listings located on that page.
- • Enter complete information under each of the tabs, finishing with the Review tab and submitting. There will be a message stating the form was successfully submitted. It will also provide a link that the user should copy and SAVE. That link allows access back into the form for changes and updates.
- Some helpful hints
- Emergency number - enter phone numbers without hyphens or spaces; don’t enter 911 as the emergency number.
- Map - after entering the address of the station, click on VALIDATE ADDRESS WITH USPS. See if the red marker is at the correct spot on the map. If not, drag it to the appropriate position. Then click on SET LAT LNG TO MARKER POSITION and that should dump the coordinates into the fields.
- Contacts - Be sure to enter contact info at least for the chief, the 2nd in command and – if there is one – the training officer.
- Editing link - be sure and save the link provided at the end of the process. This will enable editing at any time throughout the year.
- Be complete. This data will go into a comprehensive database; if there are no changes to the agency’s information next year, you will simply need to review and resubmit the record instead of re-entering all of the data.
Questions and suggestions regarding this process can be sent to [email protected].