Online Fire Department Registration Process Instructions
- On December 1st (or first business day after) of every year, all contacts that were submitted as part of a registration are sent an email reminder that it is time to re-register their department for the upcoming year. This email contains a link to the exiting data of the department they are registered with. USE THIS LINK to re-register your department, making sure that you are communicating with all other personnel under the agencies contacts that you are listed with to avoid duplication of submissions.
- If you, or your department, did not receive this email and link, contact the Division of Fire Safety, Statewide Fire Mutual Aid Coordinator, at email@example.com to see if your department already has a registration on file from the current or previous year(s). If not, see below for “New Registration”. However, if your department is on the lists located at: http://dfs.dps.mo.gov/programs/resources/mo-fire-depts.php, there will be data on file.
- Whether you received the annual re-registration email, or specifically requested a link to the registration, you next step will be to enter your complete information under each of the tabs, finishing with the Review tab and submitting. There will be a message stating the form was successfully submitted. It will also provide a link that the user should copy and SAVE. That link allows access back into the form for changes and updates.
- Some helpful hints:
- Emergency number - enter phone numbers without hyphens or spaces; don’t enter 911 as the emergency number.
- Map - after entering the address of the station, click on VALIDATE ADDRESS WITH USPS. See if the red marker is at the correct spot on the map. If not, drag it to the appropriate position. Then click on SET LAT LNG TO MARKER POSITION and that should dump the coordinates into the fields.
- Contacts - Be sure to enter contact info at least for the chief, the 2nd in command and – if there is one – the training officer.
- Editing link - be sure and save the link provided at the end of the process. This will enable editing at any time throughout the year.
- Be complete. This data will go into a comprehensive database; if there are no changes to the agency’s information next year, you will simply need to review and resubmit the record instead of re-entering all of the data.
- If your department didn’t have any information already on file, or this is a newly created department, go to the Division of Fire Safety website at http://dfs.dps.mo.gov/ and on the front page under Popular Forms, choose Fire Department Registration.
- The agency’s FDID is needed to start this process. FDIDs can be found at http://dfs.dps.mo.gov/programs/resources/mo-fire-depts.php on any of the 3 fire department listings located on that page.
- Once you have entered your FDID and accessed the form, follow the instructions above for existing registrations.
Questions and suggestions regarding this process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.