Fire Safety Funded Training
The Missouri Division of Fire Safety issues contracts to selected training vendors to deliver cost-free training to Missouri’s fire service and first responders. The Missouri Division of Fire Safety is appropriated state general revenue funds and fees collected from fireworks manufacturers, distributors and retailers to provide statewide contracted training. All contracted courses must meet specific criteria for delivery as set forth by the Fire Safety Education/Advisory Commission and are available at no cost to all firefighters in the state. The Commission awards contracts after a review of all proposals and presentations from each training entity. Members of the fire service should contact vendors directly for information regarding course delivery. Contact Becky Trapani at (573) 522-2426, if you have questions specific to the Division of Fire Safety.
Vendors currently under contract to provide cost free Firefighter and First Responder training
- Three Rivers Community College –Miscellaneous classes including Fire Service Instructor and Hazardous Materials
- O’Byrne Fire Ground Training – Forcible Entry
- MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute – Miscellaneous classes including , Fire Service Instructor, Fire Officer, Driver Operator, Technical Rescuer and Fire Fighter I and II Live Fire Testing Examination
- Professional Fire and Fraud Investigators Association – Fire Investigator Courses, Fire Investigator Certification Continuing Education classes
- Fire Marshal’s Association of Missouri – Fire Inspector Courses and Inspector Certification Continuing Education classes
- Leadership Development Concepts – Leadership development
- Moberly Area Community College – Fire Fighter I & II, Instructor, Fire Officer
- Jefferson County Emergency Services Training Academy – Fire Fighter I and II
- Pattonville Fire Protection District – Blue Card Incident Command
- Metropolitan Community College at Blue River – Fire Service Instructor, Fire Officer, Incident Safety Officer, Driver Operator classes
- Crowder College – Fire Fighter I and II, Fire Officer, Driver Operator, Technical Rescuer classes
Hazardous Materials Training
The Missouri Division of Fire Safety is appropriated funds from the Chemical Emergency Preparedness Fund to provide hazardous materials training to Missouri’s first responders at no cost. The Fire Safety Education/Advisory Commission awards contracts after a review of all proposals and presentations from each training entity. Departments and first responders should contact vendors directly for information regarding course delivery. Contact Becky Trapani at (573) 522-2426, if you have questions.
- Response Technologies Corporation – Risk Assessment and Air Monitoring Courses
- Three Rivers Community College – Foam and Flammable liquids Courses, Hazardous Materials Technician Certification Skills Testing
- MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute – Hazardous Materials related courses
- Safety Training Consultants International STCI – Hazardous Materials Officer course
For a complete listing of all training partners, visit the Training Partners page.