Fire Safety Funded Training
The Missouri Division of Fire Safety issues contracts to selected training vendors to deliver cost-free training to Missouri’s fire service and first responders. The Missouri Division of Fire Safety is appropriated state general revenue funds and fees collected from fireworks manufacturers, distributors and retailers to provide statewide contracted training. All contracted courses must meet specific criteria for delivery as set forth by the Fire Safety Education/advisory Commission and are available at no cost to all firefighters in the state. The Fire Safety Education/advisory Commission Fire Safety Education/advisory Commission awards contracts after an extensive review of all proposals and presentations from each training entity. Members of the fire service should contact vendors directly for information regarding course delivery. Contact Rebecca Trapani at (573) 522-2426, if you have questions specific to the Division of Fire Safety.
For instructions and a Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Application for Contracted Training Funds.
Vendors under contract to provide cost free Firefighter and First Responder training
- Three Rivers Community College – Fire Fighter I & II Alternative Compliance Burns and miscellaneous classes
- Brotherhood Instructors, LLC – Forcible Entry
- Mineral Area College – Fire Fighter Courses
- Engine House Training – Safety and Survival and Self Rescue Courses
- MU-Fire and Rescue Training Institute – Fire Fighter, Fire Service Instructor and Fire Officer
- Professional Fire and Fraud Investigators Association – Fire Investigator Courses, Fire Investigator Certification Continuing Education and training classes.
- Fire Marshal’s Association of Missouri – Fire Inspector Courses
Hazardous Materials Training
The Missouri Division of Fire Safety is appropriated funds from the Chemical Emergency Preparedness Fund to provide hazardous materials training to Missouri’s first responders at no cost. The Fire Safety Education/advisory Commission awards contracts after an extensive review of all proposals and presentations from each training entity. Departments and first responders should contact vendors directly for information regarding course delivery. Contact Rebecca Trapani at (573) 522-2426, if you have questions.
- Response Technologies Corporation – Risk Assessment and Air Monitoring Courses
- Three Rivers Community College – Foam and Flammable liquids Courses, Hazardous Materials Certification Skills Testing
- MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute – Hazardous Materials related courses
For a complete listing of all training partners, visit the Training Partners page.