Fireworks Sales and Use
The Division of Fire Safety is responsible for the enforcement of fireworks laws throughout Missouri. Approximately 1,500 permits are issued annually to manufacturers, wholesalers, jobbers, distributors, and seasonal retailers of fireworks. In addition, the division is responsible for conducting inspections of any facility involved with fireworks. Each year, division inspectors and investigators confiscate and destroy illegal fireworks before they can reach the public and cause serious injury, death, and destruction.
Any person or company that is considered a manufacturer, wholesaler, distributor, jobber, or seasonal retailer of fireworks, or someone who will conduct a special fireworks show, must receive a permit from the Missouri Division of Fire Safety.
Instructions to Complete Fireworks Application
- CLICK HERE to access the online application.
- Complete all questions on application.
- For each location, as applicable, the following documents must be available to the Division of Fire Safety, upon request, and displayed as directed by the issuing office; Certificate of No Tax Due, Missouri Retail Sales Tax License, and Certification of Good Standing to commence business in Missouri.
- All manufacturers, distributors, jobbers, and wholesalers shall submit their application and required documentation and fees before Jan. 1. Applications for Permit renewal received after January 1st may require a longer processing time and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- All seasonal retailers shall submit their application, required documentation and fees before May 31. Applications received after May 31st may require longer processing times and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Allow a minimum of 30 days for the permit to be issued. Applications submitted after the deadline dates may require a longer processing time.